Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Pat's Tap

We’ve been meaning to get to Pat’s Tap for forever and a day and we finally made it for an early dinner on a Friday night recently. I guess I’m not destined to review new restaurants as Pat’s has been open for a couple of years now.

It was quite busy when we arrived, but they had some open tables indoors, so we were seated promptly. There was a wait for patio tables. Our server stopped by right away and went over the menu with us. She was very helpful throughout the meal and stopped back often.


We started with the fried green beans with ginger orange sauce. Deep frying fresh green beans is probably some sort of crime against vegetables, but these were tasty with a light breading and not at all greasy. The sauce was reminiscent of sweet and sour sauce and worked great with the fried beans. This is state fair style food at its best!

I had the bacon burger with crumbled bacon in the burger and Swiss cheese and fried onions on top. I ordered chips, but received fries. The waitress realized the error and apologized and asked if I still wanted chips and only charged us for the chips. The fries were great, so it was an error in my favor for sure. The hand cut fries were thin and crisp, just the way I like them.

John had the big cheese burger with cheddar, tomato and garlic dill pickles with French fries. The cheese on this was crisped on the griddle and really, really fabulous. It has a slight crunch when you bit into it. So good. I could have just eaten a piece of that cheese plain I think. Both of our burgers were really good, with perfectly toasted buns built for containment of such hefty burgers.

The menu had a nice variety, with healthier options and vegetarian choices as well. I’d like to go back and try more of the appetizer selections sometime soon! The unhealthy options always looks so appetizing to me. The beer selection was good, with many local selections on the extensive list. 

Deals & Discounts: There is an early happy hour from 3-6pm Monday through Friday and a late happy hour from 10-close on Sunday through Thursday. The drink specials currently feature $2 off rail cocktails, house wine and  selected tap beers. The food specials offer 5 selections for $5 each. I would imagine the offering may change, so I would visit the website for the most up to date details. http://patstap.com/happy-hours


Pat’s Tap
3510 Nicollet Ave  
Minneapolis, MN 55408
(612) 822-8216


No comments:

Post a Comment