Thursday, August 30, 2012

Devil's Advocate

I could make tons of jokes about balls since this place only serves meatballs, but I think they've already been done by everyone else so I will spare you my bad jokes. In reality, I followed the opening of Devil's Advocate this spring with a lot of interest. The concept sounded so interesting with the wide beer selection and the offbeat menu. I'm pretty tired of the standard sports bar fare anyway.

I ordered the two beef meatball sandwich with pomodoro sauce and provolone cheese on a baguette. I am pretty sure both of my meatballs were the pork meatballs though as they were a bit spicy with lots of fennel and garlic flavor. They were great and it was a great sandwich, but it was not what I had ordered. I was starving, so I just ate it and did not complain about it. And we did not figure it out until we had almost eaten everything anyway. I also loved the fries. They looked and tasted like hand cut fries. They were very crispy and not at all greasy.

John ordered the three meatball sandwich with pork meatballs and Sunday gravy sauce on a pretzel roll with a chopped salad on the side. It seemed like his sandwich had two beef meatballs inside and one pork meatball. So they mixed up his order with mine I guess. John liked his sandwich a lot as well. He liked the side salad option as it was a crunchy and fresh change from the heavy sandwich.

I wish I could recall what kind of beer we had, but I forgot to take a photo. Let me just say that they have a huge variety of beer on tap and something to please everyone. We had a great server who was very friendly and helpful and very prompt with everything. We were quite confused about all of the different menus they had on the table and she did a good job summarizing everything and suggesting combinations. We enjoyed our meal and would definitely return again.

Deals and Discounts: I had bought a Groupon for Devil's Advocate shortly after they opened and I got $30 certificate for $15, which was a good deal. They also offer a happy hour with some great beer and food specials.


Devil's Advocate

89 S 10th
Minneapolis, MN 55402
(612) 843-2260

http://www.devilsadvocatebar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment