Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bar Abilene

I saw a Groupon for Bar Abilene come up awhile back so I grabbed it since we have not been there in a couple years, maybe longer. It is always fun to go out in Uptown Minneapolis, especially in the summer time.

We started off with a couple drinks (margarita and mojito I think) and an order of chips and guacamole. They mix and mash the guacamole right at your table, and I love table side preparation of any food for some reason. The guacamole had great avocado flavor and it was a huge portion for two people.
I ordered the chipotle barbecued shrimp from the appetizer menu since we also had the guacamole to eat. I loved the shrimp. The barbecue sauce was very flavorful and actually rather spicy. And I mean spicy in a good way. The barbecue sauce had a nice tomato flavor too. The toast with goat cheese helped cool things off at bit anyway.
John had the tacos al pastor which had pork, pineapple and salsa in them on corn tortillas. These were very good and the pork was very tender. He really liked the touch of sweetness from the pineapple.

The service was very good throughout our meal and we enjoyed our visit very much. The food was much better than I was expecting and what I remembered from past visits and I think we will try to head back here again soon.

Deals & Discounts: Bar Abilene has a great daily happy hour with both food and drink specials. On this visit we used a Groupon I bought recently. It was only good on weekdays, but it was a good deal anyway.


Bar Abilene
1300 Lagoon Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55408
612-825-2525
www.barabilene.com


No comments:

Post a Comment