Monday, August 13, 2012

Taqueria La Hacienda taco truck

Another new food truck out and about this summer is the Taqueria la Haciencda truck. They've been visiting downtown Minneapolis all summer with their rather fancy yellow taco truck, yet I have not heard much about them yet. I was aware that they have a few brick and mortar restaurants in Minneapolis and Burnsville, but I have never had the chance to visit.

On this visit I ordered the Tacos Arebes one with chicken and one with pork. Inside the tortilla, in addition to the meat was some cheese and grilled onions. They come with a side of chipotle sauce as well. I really liked the chicken taco arebes and it was especially good when dipped in the smoky and flavorful chipotle sauce. I was not very crazy about the pork taco arebes though. The meat was dry and seasoned with some sort of a red seasoning that was not a good match with the chipotle sauce.

I also ordered a side of chips and salsa. The chips were pretty good, I'm not sure if they were freshly made or not, but they were thinner chips. The salsa was a bit watery with no chunks of tomato, but there were some pepper flakes floating in it which gave it some heat.

The prices were a bit more affordable compared to other taco trucks though. The tacos arebes were $2.68 each and the chips and salsa were $1.99 I think.

I think I will probably go back to this truck and try some of the other items on the menu as they offer a rather wide variety of items such as tortas, burritos and quesadillas.



Taqueria la Hacienda taco truck
http://www.taqueriaslahacienda.com
Menu: http://www.taqueriaslahacienda.com/tacos-truck/


No comments:

Post a Comment