Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Redstone

We visited Redstone on Friday, April 22nd intending to sit in the bar and have drinks and appetizers. It was full in the bar so we got a booth in the dining room.

On this visit I had the Buffalo Shrimp. This is one of my all time favorites on their menu. I think Redstone was one of the first places to do this dish and they do it well. They use lightly breaded jumbo shrimp, coat them with buffalo sauce and there is blue cheese sauce and crumbles on the plate.


JS got the Original Burger and fries. He prefers the original burger as he is not into having tons of toppings on his burger. They will cook it to order. The fries were very good was well; very crisp and well seasoned. Their burgers are usually on the lists of top burgers in town and I can see why.


I'm not sure what to say about Redstone that has not been said already. The food at Redstone is always high quality and the service is wonderful. The prices are a tad on the higher side, but I really think you get what you pay for here. However, I still find it to be a solid dinner/lunch choice even though it has been around since 1999 or so.

They have a few other favorites on the menu I often come back for like the Classic Rotisserie Chicken, Prime Rib, BBQ Ribs, Jerk Chicken Fondue and the Seared Ahi Tuna. I have a few friends that love the fondue and we are always looking for reasons to go to Redstone so we can order it! Plus, going there and sitting in the bar or on the patio is entertaining beyond belief. It is like watching the nature channel for the older, divorced, affluent set sometimes. Maybe I am still too young to be their target market. Hope so anyway!

Discounts:
I've never seen any coupons or discounts of any kind for Redstone. If you know of any please let me know! I did call and ask if they had happy hour deals (I didn't think they did) and they are currently offering a variety of appetizers for $5 and $2 off all drinks from 2-6 pm.

There are 2 locations in Minnesota. I find the Eden Prairie location to be a bit busier than the Minnetonka location. So if you don't want to wait, try the Minnetonka location. If you want a fun bar atmosphere and a nice outdoor patio try the Eden Prairie location.

Redstone
12501 Ridgedale Drive,
Minnetonka MN,55305
Phone: (952) 591-0000
8000 Eden Road,
Eden Prairie,MN,55344
Phone: (952) 903.9500

www.redstonegrill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment