Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pepito's

We visited Pepito's on Friday, April 15th to use a Groupon I'd bought recently. We tried to arrive early and make happy hour, but we were just a bit too late. I believe the weekday happy hour goes until 6pm. We had a couple drinks in the bar before we asked for a table in the dining room anyway.

On this visit I ordered the Nachos Lupitas with beef. The nacho chips here are a bit different than a normal chip as they have a slight sweet taste to them. You can choose any meat they have available, and there is cheese and a slice of jalapeno on top and it comes with a side of sour cream and a side of guacamole.

JS, the dear husband, ordered the Tacos al Pastor. I'd show a photo of them, but he ate them before I could get a photo. (We've had a tough time remembering to take photos lately when we go out! I think I get too hungry! So we need to work on that if I want to keep sharing with everyone!) Anyway, the tacos al pastor are a bit more like an authentic steak taco and I guess they were quite good.

Overall, I think Pepito's is a solid choice if you are looking for Americanized Mexican food. Plus the service is always quite good and the restaurant is very quaint and cozy. We'd like to visit the Parkway Theater next door sometime, which Pepito's now owns. I guess you can order food at Pepitos and bring it into the movie.

Discounts:
We used a $30 coupon which I purchased for $15, through Star Tribune Deals, which made this a great deal. I don't usually see too many other deals for Pepito's however.



Pepito's
4820 Chicago Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota
612.822.2104
www.pepitosrestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment