Monday, May 9, 2011

Victory 44

We visited Victory 44 on April 29th. I wanted to try this place for quite some time. I liked the atmosphere; it has a pub look and feels very relaxed and laid back. We sat in the bar area at a tall table so we could see the TV and also see the action in the kitchen a bit. The service was very good as well, she checked with us at just the right times without being too intrusive.

We started with the Tuna Tartare.  On top of the tuna was some crunchy potato bits and bacon bits. Off to the side were some red peppers, a creamy aioli sauce and a sprinkling of chili powder for spice. Really, really good. I would order this again.

I had the chicken entree. The chicken was stuffed with sausage and sat on top of shredded cabbage. The orange dabs were pureed carrots and the green was pureed peas. The carrot added some sweetness to contrast the chicken. There were a couple pieces of friend brioche as well. I'm not sure if I would order this again. It was good, but not something I would crave.

JS had the Perfect Burger that came with a side of Bacon Fries. The burger was great. We were going to get a starter of the bacon fries until we were told it came with the burger anyway. It had bacon, cheese, mayo on it as well and some homemade style pickles. There may have been other things on there. It had a lot of stuff on it. The fries were really good. They seemed to be hand cut fries and the seasonings on them were really amazing. I'd go back just for these.
Overall, it was great. I really loved the upscale food in a relaxing atmosphere. I believe in the past they used to do the chefs-as-servers format and that seems to have gone away. I did not see our server in the kitchen at all and nothing was finished or prepared table side. Or maybe we just did not order anything that was served that way, I am not sure.

Discounts:
I have never come across any coupons for Victory 44, but they had a variety of daily specials. I should have take a photo of she info sheet because I can't remember any details right now. I think on Monday burgers are $5 or $5.99.

Victory 44
2203 44th Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Ph: 612 . 588 . 2228

No comments:

Post a Comment