Friday, June 15, 2012

Potter's Pasties Food Truck

I went to check out the Potter's Pasties food truck last week with my co-workers. Jenny and I had talked about this food truck awhile ago and we were hoping they would visit Minneapolis soon. It seems like previously they were often only in St Paul, but they have been coming over to Minneapolis a couple times a week recently. Anyway, we were very interested in trying the pasties since it sounded like something a little different than the other trucks offer.


Travis ordered the daily special which was some sort of a spicy chicken pasty. I'm not sure what was all in his, but he said it was a bit spicy and pretty good. Jenny and I both had the traditional pastie which has minced beef, carrots, potatoes, onion and gravy inside a golden brown pastry. I really liked the pastry crust. It was light and fluffy and not at all greasy. The carrots and potatoes were cooked but not overly done or anything like that. It is more of a winter comfort food type item and not ideal for a hot day, but it is a good street food item since it is easy to eat as it stays in the pastry crust and doesn't fall apart while you are eating it.  I really liked the pastie and would order it again. I might even try some of the other types like the chicken, Thai veg and pig pastie. The Thai veg sounds really good to me with potato, carrot, spinach and ginger in a red Thai coconut cream sauce.

Potter's Pasties
http://www.potterspasties.com/
Twitter: @PottersPasties

No comments:

Post a Comment