Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rooster's BBQ

We decided to drive over to St Paul on a beautiful Sunday afternoon to check out Rooster's. We've wanted to visit for some time because they always make the lists for best BBQ and best fried chicken. Too bad we live on the opposite side of town from Rooster's.

We both ordered the ribs and chicken combo meal so we could try a sampling of everything. The fries, coleslaw and diner rolls were ready first. The fries were good and they had some sort of Lawry's like seasoning on them. I don't think they were fresh made fires or anything like that, but they were tasty. I was not that crazy about the coleslaw because it was quite dry and did not have much mayonnaise on it. However, John loved the coleslaw for the reason that it did not have too much mayo in it. So I guess it depends on personal preferences.
The fried chicken was really, really good. I don't think I've had good fried chicken is quite some time. this chicken was juicy inside with a light, crispy skin. We both inhaled the chicken and I look forward to having it again. I'd go back just for the chicken. I'd like to try the hot wings too.
The ribs had a good smoky flavor, but they were not as tender as I would have liked. They were a bit chewy. The sauce was good, though later I discovered I preferred the spicy sauce to the mild sauce. I ordered the ribs with mild sauce and asked for some hot sauce to go and tried it on my leftover ribs the next day.
Rooster's does have a few tables inside and they have pop and water to drink. We decided to eat there since there was room when we arrived, but we were prepared to eat in the car if needed! Most people take their orders to go it looked like. We look forward to going back for the fried chicken soon.

Deals & Discounts: I believe they occasionally have a Groupon out or similar deal, but we did not have one to use on this visit.

Rooster's BBQ

979 Randolph Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651) 222-0969

No comments:

Post a Comment